1. Donna Tartt – I need to get to The Goldfinch and The Little Friend but she’s an author I have to be in the mood for because her books are inherently slow and longgg.
2. Margaret Atwood – I just finished The Handmaid’s Tale and her writing is fantastic, very approachable and very feminist.
3. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie – I read her essay We Should All Be Feminist and I really really want to read her actual novels. I am hoping I get to Purple Hibiscus in 2017.
4. James Baldwin – I have never forgotten The Fire Next Time and I really really need to read more of this work, his fiction specifically. Another Country is one I really want to get to sometime in 2017.
5. Brandon Sanderson – I really need to read Mistborn, I have it, it’s waiting for me but I haven’t had the time. I really enjoyed The Rithmatist, it was such a fast-paced good story, very engaging so I’m hoping I feel the same about the rest of his fantasy.
6. Julia Alvarez – I can’t just choose five, fuck that. I read In the Name of Salome last year, you all know it was one of my top 10 books of the year. I own 2 of her books and I really want to get to them because she’s fantastic.