Betrayed is a strong word to feel towards a book but I understand the general sentiment. I suppose the ones who betray us the most are the ones we expected something from. Usually this for me is a victim of over-hyping or a series.
So here are my Top
5 6 books that have betrayed me.
- The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen – That ending. After 2 such awesome books we get to that endings and I’m just… not OK with it. Not OK at all. This was without doubt one of the worst betrayals ever.
- The School for Good vs Evil by Soman Chainani – Book 1 was FANTASTIC, book 2 was very good, book 3 was a parody of its predecessors.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – the solid writing matched with the fantastic mythology, the great plot was crumbled under the weight of an insta-love of epic proportions. Absolutely ruined the series for me.
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl – I was the group of people who enjoyed the story… until that very end which left me so annoyed.
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristof – this was the biggest smack in the face book, especially after the perfection of Illuminae, this was its poor, illegitimate brother.