It’s quite literally been 7 months since I’ve done a tag so I might be trying some more because these are always fun and if you haven’t done this one, please do, let me know so I can read your answers! 🙂
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? I really do rotate throughout the house because the rest of the family likes to watch TV and I basically run from the noise. I am currently working on making a cozy-reading corner in the office. Misha (the cat) does follow me when I sit down to read, she loves the peace and quiet and the coziness of it all. Right now it’s here and of course Misha cuddles on top of the bed staring at me.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? Bookmark to the max, I own too many of them!
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages? I can stop reading wherever but I prefer a chapter.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading? I drink coffee if it’s the AM or tea if it’s the PM. In the Summer I’ll do a glass of cold water. No food, too messy.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? Like I said, I run from the noise so no unless the TV is on super loud and I put white noise on the background.
6. One book at a time or several at once? My max is 4 books but usually a book on audio, a comic, and a physical book.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? I can literally read everywhere, at the car wash, at doctor’s office, at work, driving (audiobook) but I do prefer the tranquility of a weekend at home.
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head? Silently unless it’s poetry and then I might read out loud.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? I used to read the ending of books LMAO, years and years ago because I hated to be disappointed. Now I only skip ahead if I’m skim-reading at which point we are close to a DNF.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? I hate breaking the spine but it seems that’s only necessary if you get those mass-market paperback which I avoid.
11. Do you write in your books? Oh yes, my books are not for show, it’s all about practicality for me. If a book speaks to me I will highlight, tab and write the fuck out of it. Exhibit A: My copy of the recently read 1984
This was fun if not self-centered LOL, let me know if you do the Tag and I’ll check out your answers!