Books You Want to Finally Read in 2017
My current TBR is at over 75 book which is ridiculous because I know I’ll probably clock in around 40-50 books this year given that I will be taking classes throughout the year including PhD-level courses that are sure to melt my brain. So, this is what I’m most stoked about.
- Old Man’s War by John Scalzi – This is the sci-fi I’m most hyped about because the concept of a war fought by old men makes so much sense to me that I want to see how it’s executed. I am also very interested to see if I enjoy Scalzi’s writing.
- Another Country by James Baldwin – I know this book will break me because Baldwin’s writing is utterly amazing and I’m pissed at myself for not having read more of his books.
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Ruthfuss – High fantasy time will be this coming year as I finally explore Ruthfuss’ work which everyone highly praises.
- The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill – I read the first chapter and I was immediately pulled into the writing and the evocative narrator so I aim to read this during February/Black History Month.
- The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson – I own the entire thing so I’m thinking I’ll take my time with it and really enjoy Sanderson’s world-building. I’ve only read one other book of his and thought it was fantastic so I’m really excited to read this. I think I’ll read it before The Name of the Wind.