I was prepared for a mediocre reading month, actually when the month started I thought I would be lucky to finish 6 books but I ended up reading a total of 11.5 books – a solid reading month. I had to do drastic changes to my TBR but as per usual I don’t really care as I’ve stated before my TBRs are usually more of a guide.
My favorite book of the month went hands down, without question to Uprooted by Naomi Novik because it was utterly fantastic and I’ve gushed enough about it but seriously, a new favorite.
Then there was some solid contenders like The Bees, The Rithmatist and Rat Queens … In other words it was a stellar reading month. My least favorite book of the month was Days of Blood and Starlight – I thought I would read the final book but I think I’m going to pass, as the days have gone by I have forgotten completely about the story. I also tried my hand at a buddy read and failed spectacularly by not being able to finish Red Rising by Pierce Brown – I’m not DNFing it, I’m just putting it on pause because that book is NOTHING like what I thought it was and I really have to be in the mood for it.
- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor .75ish
- The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Megan Spooner
- Locke & Key Vol. 1 by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
- The Bees by Laline Paull
- Alex + Ada Vol. 1 by Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (DNF at 60%)
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- milk and honey by Rupi Kaur
- Rat Queens Vol. 1 by Kurtis J. Wiebe
- The Last Ever After by Soman Chainani 1/2
- Rat Queens Vol. 2 by Kurtis J. Wiebe
What did you read this month? Anything stellar? Also, I’m NOT doing a TBR for September because school has so much reading, reading for pleasure is taking a back seat. We shall see how it goes.