I haven’t done one of these in a bit, I think so here it goes – a new top 5 Wednesday
Books You Will Never Read
Whether it’s from a series that you have outgrown or don’t wish to continue, or they are popular books that just don’t interest you, let us know what you don’t plan on reading.
This criteria changes for me but here are some that I know are just ‘not my thing’.
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin, Cassandra Clare stuff and The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
I’ve read the first book of all of these series/trilogies and that was enough for me. YA fantasy in general is the bane of my existence with most of the online book world lemming series left and right it makes it very hard to identify those that translate well to an adult palette. I pretty much dislikes all the female protagonists in these series.
- The Unexpected Everything or anything Morgan Matson – just the synopsis of this book screams #richwhitepeopleproblems and I just cannot sit through another 450+ page YA contemporary about a girl whose summer doesn’t go as planned and she somehow finds meaning of life and a great guy. I am not the target audience for these whatsoever.
- Anything really that Jamie McGuire writes – I read 60% of Beautiful Disaster and threw it in the trash because I was that incensed by the portrayal of a romantic relationship.
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville – I tried and I failed miserably. The problem is that I’m wholly uninterested in maritime literature and this is not an easy task to undertake but now I am completely at peace with have no interest in reading it.
- William Faulkner – you either love Faulker or you leave his work scratching your head. I’m of the itchy head variety, I can maybe do some of his short stories but that’s about it, thinking of even reading Absalom, Absalom fills me with dread.