I saw this tag over at Shelf Pickings and I thought I’d give it a hand since no reviews for another few days – school started and reading has slowed down!
1. HAVE YOU EVER DAMAGED A BOOK?
Well, I threw Beautiful Disaster in a trash can, should we count that?
2. HAVE YOU EVER DAMAGED A BORROWED BOOK?
Accidentally, I dropped a glass of water on it and had to buy my friend a new copy.
3. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO READ A BOOK?
Depends – usually 2-3 days for regular volumes and if I’m into the story. Longer for longer book, obviously. I usually plan about a week for a book over 600 pages.
4. BOOKS YOU HAVEN’T FINISHED
172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad, Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven, The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire and My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.
5. HYPED/POPULAR BOOKS YOU DIDN’T LIKE
Nearly all YA Fantasy: The Grisha Trilogy (the winiest narrator), The Wrath and the Dawn (or the book with no plan), The Shatter Me Series (otherwise called The Metaphor-Me to Death Series ), the writing of Morgan Matson (I’m too damn old), Anna and the French Kiss (How to Cheat in France) and I thought The Night Circus was mediocre.
6. IS THERE A BOOK YOU WOULDN’T TELL ANYONE YOU WERE READING?
If I have to read that is that embarrassing perhaps I shouldn’t read it.
7. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU OWN
Too many. I’m always giving books away but I’m also always buying them.
8. ARE YOU A FAST/SLOW READER?
I’m faster than I was before.
9. DO YOU LIKE TO BUDDY READ?
I am currently in my first buddy read ever.
10. DO YOU READ BETTER IN YOUR HEAD/OUT LOUD?
11. IF YOU WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO OWN ONE BOOK, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
Don’t fuck with me, it’s obvious that we are now living in a dystopian society and we obviously need to rebel and engage in a badly constructed love-triangle with two white boys whose only difference is their hair color. So we can own more books, of course.
Now, gentle readers – feel free to also do that tag!