Today’s Top 5 Wednesday is – Most Recent Additions to Your Wishlist! Books you are dying to get your hands on for your collection, or if you are a library-exclusive reader, books you recently added to your list there. Top 5 Wednesdays were are created by Lainey and moderated by Sam.
Here we go!
- In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park – a non-fiction account of a girl leaving North Korean. This has been met with stellar reviews and at first I was hessitant but the more I heard of it the more intrigued I became and this is the type of book that I love doing in Audiobook format so I will try to pick this up in the next 6 months.
- History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera – just the premise of this entices me so much. I’ve never read Adam Silvera, I know he’s popular on booktube but I’ve not picked up his books yet but this premise of two guys coming together when their ex-boyfriend dies just warms my heart and I am always up for a sobfest love story. This is not coming out until January but I will definitely pick it up.
- Unmentionable: The Victorian Lady’s Guide to Sex, Marriage, and Manners by Therese O’Neill. I meant that title is just everything! I saw this in the Little Brown catalog and basically decided I needed to read it. This one comes out in October so I’ll probably get to it sometime next year.
- George Lucas: A Life by Brian Jay Jones – another Little Brown find (Little Brown = publisher crush). Though not set to be released until December I have a feeling that this one will be big simply because the man’s life is interesting and I for one would love to know more about it.
- Underground Airlines by Ben H. Winters – I am SALIVATING for this book and I was able to secure it at the library so I’ll definitely be reading it in August. This is an alternative history adult novel that poses the question of what if the Civil War didn’t happen and slaves were still in current time? It follows one young man as he escapes slavery into freedom and I can already tell that it’ll probably gut me.
Link me to yours I’d love to read it!