Trying my hand at this tag, let’s see how I do! The original creator was Emmabooks 🙂
1. Totally should’ve gotten a sequel
I would actually not mind reading a sequel to Leila Sales’ This Song Will Save Your Life. It ended in a precipice and I for one would like to know what happens next.
2. Totally should’ve had a spin off series
Like most people I vote for The Mauraders to have gotten a spin-off series. It would’ve been bittersweet but I would have liked to see how they all met and how James and Lily fell in love etc.
3. An author who totally should write more books
Marie Rutkoski, Jandy Nelson, Amy Engel…. so many
4. A character who totally should’ve ended up with someone else
Everybody knows that Sookie should’ve ended up with Eric having hot flying vampire sex every day. Everybody.
5. Totally should’ve ended differently
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Ari needed self-discovery not just his parents telling him, I felt very cheated of his realization and it happened like in the last 5 pages which made me even more annoyed with an otherwise wonderful book.
6. Totally should’ve had a movie franchise
I have a list – some are one movie (very oscar worthy) others need a whole freaking franchise.
- The Lunar Chronicles
- Ugly Love
- I’ll Give You the Sun
- The School for Good and Evil
- The Enchanted
- I’ll Meet You There
- The Winner’s Trilogy
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fickry
7. Totally should’ve had a TV show
I think The Girl in 6E would work great as a TV show in HBO or Showtime.
8. Totally should’ve had only one point of view
I generally like multiple POVs but I think it was badly done in Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven.
9. Totally should have a cover change
I do not like the covers for The Winner’s Trilogy not because they’re not pretty, they are beautiful but because they do not fit the story. I also don’t understand why The Queen of the Tearling’s covers are not matchy… I don’t like the Book of Ivy covers, they indicate an action packed book when it’s quite the opposite. Other than that I don’t really care what the covers are about.
10. Totally should’ve kept the original covers
I don’t have an answer to this one.
11. Totally should’ve stopped at book one
I think not stopped at book one but condensed the story into something more cohesive.
- The Sookie Stackhouse series – that was beaten to a pulp
- Bridget Jones’ diary… leave it alone.
- The Shopaholic Series – should’ve stopped at 3, Becky continues getting stupider as the books progressed.
- Bad Romeo – a completely waste of a lot of potential, this should’ve been condensed into 1 book
- The Mara Dyer Trilogy – so much of the books are nothing happening that this could’ve been a duology at most.
- You by Caroline Kepnes. Perfect stories need no sequels.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – we really did not need another book of Laura Jean.
- The Stephanie Plum novels are just… I think the first 6 or so books were awesome the rest were repetitive as fuck with the longest drawn-out love triangle we’ve ever been subjected to reading.
I tag anyone who reads this and wants to do it!